Sunday, August 18, 2013

Standing on the Promises

Isn't it wonderful to know that God's promises are promises we can take to the bank and cash in at any given time on any given day? Isn't it wonderful to know that His promises are just for us? His promises comes with a 100% guarantee. Now, isn't THAT wonderful to know? Shouting~Yes it is! So, you may ask, "What are God's promises?" I am so glad you asked. His promise of Love~never ending, unfailing love; Forgiveness~because He loves us, He forgives. In Hebrews 13:5 God tells us that he will never fail us nor leave us (paraphrased).

For months, I wrestled with God calling me to a higher place in my life. Dealing with sleepless nights and rough days, I had to ask God, "Why?" over and over. I couldn't quite figure out why or what I was going through emotionally, physically, or spiritually. But I knew 1) This burden was not mine to carry, 2) God was calling me to higher place in my life, 3) I was not alone.

Even though I felt alone, God was right here holding my hand and calling me to STOP instead of yield to His calling as it had gotten to a point that my ignoring His call was blatant disobedience out of fear. The "what ifs" of life-"what if" this is not what God is telling me to do, "what if" God meant to go left and I went right, "what if" this, "what if" that...It was almost as if I was out of order. Wait, I was out of order because I knew God didn't bring me this far to leave me; because I knew God knows what's best for me and mine; and how dare I question God. It was only so many "Whys" & "What ifs" God was going to hear from me before He shut me down. Guess what, THAT is exactly what He did. Disobeying God will eventually leave you in the same place for what can seem like a lifetime. God said, "Move". Because I did not caused an unbelievable amount of suffering. Not only did I not move when I was told, but I was horrible at pretending to move. I stayed in that place praising God for the good and the bad as if He couldn't see me sitting there in the midst of disobedience. That was truly a laugh out loud moment. The same thing I'd been praying for, God was giving me instructions~plain as day and I acted as if He said nothing to me about it. I don't have to remind you that it was my dream, my goal, my passion, & my want that He was calling me to. And I sat right there, stewing in that place because I didn't want to step out lose, fail, face defeat, depend on someone else, move from my seat of complacency. Even though I knew better.

The sleepless nights were simply God waking me to hear what He had to say~Giving me my orders for the day; the answers to the "Why"; God telling me that this battle was not meant to fight alone; confirmation in every sense of the word; my personal "Footprints" poem as God reminded me, "It was then that I carried you".

It is now that God is carrying me as I lean and depend on Him. Stepping out on Faith out of obedience to His calling on my life has been tough. The decision has caused some internal battle and some external fear with some crazy journal moments. Getting to this point, I will be the first to say, has not been an easy journey.

We jump up and down and praise God, post FaceBook posts, tweet and retweet Bible verses, Instragram the last scriptural twicpic~but I have to ask, "Are we really standing on the promises of God?" or are we stuck in a rut of disobedience fasting and praying that it will all go away. Are we distracted by the external noise and can't hear God telling us to move from this place or are we just plainly ignoring Him? Don't be afraid to answer, "Yes". You are not alone. Everyone has, at some point, been there and done that. Be bold enough to stand on God's promise. In whatever He's called you to, He will never leave nor forsake you.

Trust & obey!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thread of information, I truly enjoyed. Renita Weems says the feeling you describe is called "giving birth to self"

    Its that time when you can feel you are on the verge of something, you know it, you can feel it. You wake up with flutters in your stomach and your calendar doesn't indicate any special meetings.
    She tells women to stop and pray with Mary "Lord, I want what you want for me"

    This is and was one of the greatest books I have read in this life Showing Mary:How Women Can Share Prayers, Wisdom, and The Blessings of God by Renita Weems.

    In essence keep yourself open to God, look around for the invitation.
    Thanks Kelly for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy! I really appreciate your response!

    ReplyDelete