Monday, August 19, 2013

Enlarge My Territory...I Pray for Increase

Does the song, "Bless Me (Prayer of Jabez)" by Donald Lawrence & The Tri-City Singers speak to anyone besides me? This song has been in my spirit all day, especially the verse, "Keep your hand upon me, that no evil cannot harm me, sunshine and rain, sickness and pain. God, I humbly come to you. Enlarge my territory, enlarge my territory. Oh Lord, bless me indeed, bless me indeed...I pray for increase (enlarge my territory). I pray for increase (enlarge my territory)..." This song brings me to tears as I think of how amazing God is and how He works everything out for the good of His plan for our lives.

I don't know about you, but I want...no, wait, I need God to keep his hand upon-never leaving me to wander about on my own. (We all know what a mess that would be) Never leaving me to survive without him. Keep his hand upon me-hold me when I cannot hold myself; walk with me daily; correct me when I wrong; pick me up when I fall, carry me when I cannot carry myself; wake me to embrace another day's journey. Lord, Keep your hands upon me....

Keep His hand upon me...that no evil cannot harm me~Evil exists to destroy us, bringing us to our weakest and lowest point. It attempts to catch us off guard and eat away at us bit by bit, piece by piece. If we are not careful we can be deceived by evil and get wrapped up in it, so much so that we will think it is a way of life. There's evil on our jobs, in our church-I know you didn't think that everybody in the church was saved and holier than thou; there's evil in our homes, in our small groups, large groups, amongst our FaceBook friends and Twitter followers. Evil in our immediately and extended family and if the truth be told, some of us have a little bit of evil within us. We must pray, "That no evil cannot harm me".

Keep His hand upon me...sunshine and rain~Whether the sun is out and all is well, a praise should continue to be our mouths. We pray and seek Him out when we we're going thru (the rain), but walk on when times are good (the sunshine). No matter the weather, day or not, we should give God all of the praise and all of the glory, all of the time-in every season & for every reason. Every little breath we take-deserves praise break; every little step we take-deserves a praise break. Why? I'm glad you asked. Because if God does nothing else for us, He has done enough ALREADY! But He continues to bless us with the breath of life and the use of our limbs and the functioning of our organs, and the little things like shelter from the rain, and the big things like resources to provide for you and your family, and the....the list continues. I don't know about you, but oh how I need my Heavenly Father to keep his hand upon me in the sunshine and rain!

Keep His hand upon me....sickness and pain~This was personal to me as I thought of everything that I am dealing with today as it relates to not only physical pain, but emotional scars and wounds from people's put downs, beat downs, let downs, run overs, run downs, walk overs, walk outs, and put outs. Through it all, God never took His hand off of me. Through every battle that was filled to the brim with pain, God never left me. Every mountain (unhealthy relationships that caused pain), He brought me over, every valley (friends and family that turned their back in times of need; malice, backbiting, lies and deceit that caused pain), He saw me through...for this I give Him praise.

When we pray for God to enlarge our territory, are we thanking Him for keeping us and bringing us through? Are we praying for Him to give us wisdom to know what to do with our increase?

No comments:

Post a Comment