Saturday, July 6, 2013

Who Do We Say We Are?


It's been a rainy Saturday & I haven't as much as darted the door for anything. I think the closest I came to outside is letting the garage door up ONLY so I could get my Bible out of the back of my SUV. Now this particular Bible is the one that's falling apart & has come apart at the binding, it cant be taken out of the cover that reads, "Too Blessed to be Stressed" I so want to put my new Bible in this cover but I NEED to keep my old Bible in it. I don't think anyone quite understands why I hold onto this Bible when I waited patiently for this NLT/Message Parallel Bible to go on sale.
 
Well, you see,  this old Bible has carried me thru some pretty tough/rough times. Times of lies, destruction, anger, bitterness, abandonment,  loneliness; times when I was on a self-destructive behavioral pattern; times when I couldn't pay rent or utilities, didn't have a car, was unhappy with my job; times of brokeness! Times when friends were few! You see, this Bible held me together-even though it's falling apart! A friend of mine found the cover at a local thrift store & told me, your Bible is an embarrassment to every Bible in the Dollar Tree! One dollar can get you a new Bible. She was absolutely right, but it couldn't get me THIS Bible! After all I'd been thru and was on an uphill journey, she'd found the perfect cover for the perfect Bible that defined who I am perfectly, "Too blessed to be stressed"! Amen & Amen again! I can't think of one reason to stress over anything anymore.
 
I call myself blessed! Or sometimes I refer to me as humble; other times you may here me address myself as victorious! When I put my shouting shoes on, I'm also known as prosperous. There were times in the past when I'd hear others call me a sinner. So as I reflect back over my life's story - one song comes to mind - A Sinner's Prayer! And one movie scene comes to mind - from The Color Purple - "See daddy sinners have souls too! I am who I say I am, "Daughter of the King above all Kings!"
 
People approach me all the time - family members, especially - wanting to say they remember when! I'm glad my final fate wont be determined by man. I released the past a long time ago & promised myself to live without regret! Without the disappointments of life; without carrying life's baggage around with me! Instead, I choose to speak "life" into all situations. I choose to ignore the calling of the past. I choose to be who I say I am!!!!
 
Who do you say you are & why?

2 comments:

  1. "Then what say you to these things? If GOD be FOR you, who can be against you?"

    ReplyDelete